From Joachim Müller <joac...@wemove.com>
Subject possible character encoding bug
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 12:49:19 GMT

hi, I just want to check back before I submit this
to bugzilla:

there is a possible character encoding bug in

org.apache.jetspeed.util.parser.DefaultJetspeedParameterParser

line 151

return new String(str.getBytes("8859_1"), getCharacterEncoding());

this leads to errors using german umlaute when rundata parameter
are encoded with UTF-8. (eg. in the user name: try user name
&uuml;bel, create an account and try to edit the account)

if the rundata encoding is UTF-8 this leads to errors creating
the string with umlauten.
does somebody put the fixed encoding here on purpose? If not I
would propose this modification:

return new String(str.getBytes(getCharacterEncoding()), getCharacterEncoding());

joachim müller

joachim müller
joachim@wemove.com . tel +49-69-759003-11

wemove digital solutions