From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Documentation for 1.4-b4 and beyond
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 16:40:47 GMT

On Thursday, May 1, 2003, at 08:05  AM, Jeff Hancock wrote:

> All -
>
> I am interested in using Jetspeed for a project I am undertaking.
> Unfortunately, I am stymied by the complete dearth of useable
> documentation especially for those functions that would be of most
> value
> to non-technical people.
>
> Rather than complain, I am willing to author some new documentation
> oriented toward site admins and users on how to manage and utilize the
> portal.  However, I will need the assistance of the development
> community as much of the robust functionality is buried in the code and
> I am not knowledgeable enough to dig it all out.
>
> How would we go about organizing such an effort?

Jeff,

I get the feeling I've heard this one before.
Hate to be cynical, but every time someone comes along and bitches and
then offers to contribute 'real' documentation, all good intentions,
they usually give it up within a few days, never to be heard from again.
I'm glad to help you out, but please don't waste my time.  It will take
time and effort to write quality documentation.

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software