From "Harald Ommang" <har...@ommang.com>
Subject RE: Unless any objections: someone please update to Commons Logging 1.0.3 and LOG4J 1.2.8
Date Thu, 29 May 2003 18:21:57 GMT
On Wed, 28 May 2003 22:05:13 -0500, "Mark Orciuch" wrote:

> I hate to say this but upgrading to Commons Logging 1.0.3 broke import task
> in the build - didn't look into it too much but looks like a JDK dependency
> issue? Jetspeed releases are built with JDK 1.3 and that is what I'm using.

Oops...

OK, My suggestion is:

* Roll back to CL 1.0.2 (But keep log4j-1.2.8
* I can use LOG4J directly in the JetspeedLogger wrapper, not Commons Logging.
This can be changed at any time transparently to users of the JetspeedLogger.
(Which will be attached to bug 19906 soon...)  And after having read Ceki
Gülcü's comments on using Log4J via Commons Logging, i lean against skipping CL
and going directly, anyway.

Harald