From John Christopher <j...@animalsinneed.net>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Lucene Search Service
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 18:52:20 GMT
FWIW, when I was tasked to enhance the Category filtetering for our jetspeed
portal I originally wanted to add a search functionality using Lucene. My
bosses didn't like the idea because they wanted me to do something that would
be generic enough to contribute back to the community (i.e. BUg 17839). I
think Lucene would fit very well into Jetspeed and the results returned could
very easily fit into what is already displayed when choosing a portlet to
add. IMO, the updating of the search index could be done by gathering needed
data from the .xreg files on startup but, should be easily overridden if a
site chooses to do so.

John Christopher