From "Eric Chow" <ec...@macaucabletv.com>
Subject Re: Will JetSpeed use Struts ?
Date Fri, 30 May 2003 04:09:02 GMT
Anyway, it is better if the Portal framework can support Portlet hot-plug.

I mean that developers can deploy some new portlets into the Portal server
without restart the applications.

In the current JetSpeed, we have to add some definition in .xreg and restart
the application for refresh the setting. It is not good in production site.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Weaver, Scott" <Sweaver@rippe.com>
To: "'Jetspeed Developers List'" <jetspeed-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 10:54 PM
Subject: RE: Will JetSpeed use Struts ?

There has been a recent thread in jetspeed-user addressing this.

The facts as they stand:

+1 Jetspeed 2 will a fully JSR 168 compliant container
-1 on using Struts as the base framework of the Jetspeed "portal server"
+1 on using Struts as the base framework for Portlet Applications

Please understand that Jetspeed 2 is in the very early stages of development
and is still under wraps due to the fact that JSR 168 is still not public.
I have already been politely "scolded" ;) due to the fact that I commented
on things I was unsure about concerning Js2, and I was wrong for make the
comments I did.

hth,
* Scott T Weaver *
* Jakarta Jetspeed Portal Project *