From "Jeremy Ford" <caius1...@hotmail.com>
Subject [Contribution] Security customizer
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 04:15:33 GMT
I have developed a security customizer that I would like to contribute back
to Jetspeed.  It is based off of the PSML customizer.  I have attached a
file with the necessary patches to integrate the security customizer as well
as the new templates and code that provide the functionality.  There are two
templates attached.  One allows a user to add more that one Allow to a
security access while the other only allows one Allow per security access.
I have seen posts on the list mentioning that multiple Allows might have not
been the intention even though they are allowed via the API.  Instead, one
should have multiple accesses with the same action.  I have provided both
templates for either case.  If it turns out that multiple Allows should not
occur, you can greatly reduce the amount of code in the java file by
removing the unnecessary methods needed for Allows.

I will also log this in Bugzilla with the attachment.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Jeremy Ford

How to use:

Adding a security entry
1) Click on "Add Security"
2) Enter a name for you security entry, along with title and description
4) Click on "Insert Security".
5) You will be taken back to the security update form where you can add
security accesses

Updating a security entry
1) Choose a security entry and click on "Edit"
2) Make modifications
3) Click on "Update Security"
4) The form should not reflect your changes

Adding a Security Access
1) Choose a security entry and click on "Edit"
2) Choose the action type
3) Choose the type of Allow
4) If user or role Allow, choose appropriate value from the combo box.  If
owner, do nothing
5) Click "Add Security Access"
6) The security access should now appear in the access list

Removing a Security Access
1) Choose a security entry and click on "Edit"
2) Choose the accesses that you wish to remove
3) Click on "Remove Access"
4) The access list should no longer have the accesses in it

Deleting a security entry
1) Choose a security entry and click on "Delete"
2) Confirm your decision
3) The security entry will not be in the browser