From "Paul" <4jmli...@snafu.de>
Subject RE: Default News Feeds
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 16:42:09 GMT
Hello Allen,

we had probably the same problem. The accessibility of the internet for the web
browser (via port 80 or whatever) - even from the same computer - does not
necessarily mean that your RSS portlet has access too :( :-)

We did need to set the environment values for Tomcat. See FAQ:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/faq.html

for example for UNIX:

export TOMCAT_OPTS="-DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=<proxyHostIP> -DproxyPort=80"

As for "proxyHostIP" set the IP of your firewall/proxyServer and give it a try.
Hope that helps you on!

Greetings, Tino