From "Aurelien Pernoud" <apern...@sopragroup.com>
Subject RE: Last call for 1.4b4 patches/enhancements
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:17:02 GMT

I too went into digging the actual LDAP functionment of Jetspeed, an found
some curious stuff.
I'm discovering LDAP so I might be wroing but here's the way I think it
works :

- Every creation/modification/deletion of a jetspeed user is made under a
certain container (something like ou=users,ou=jetspeed,o=apache)
This means to me that if you want to use an existing directory that has a
complete structural view of an enterprise (by agencies, departments,
whatever), this won't work. You'll have to "double create" your user in the
LDAP or make a trick such as an alias)

(this seems to be what you meant by "find the users in different branch")

Is it because of a lack of time or is it wanted ?
(or am I wrong ?)

Aurelien