From "Aurelien Pernoud" <apern...@sopragroup.com>
Subject RE: Jespeed Skins Alternatives
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 15:22:35 GMT

Weaver, Scott a ├ęcrit :

>> What you think if we integrate both bugs in one ? Cause I saw you
>> told me you'd like the changes I made to controller on another
>> controller, but if you look further into them, they're not changing
>> the way controller works, I just added some changes to "preview"
>> portlets border with the new skin features when in the controller....
>
> Sounds good.  I will look deeper into you original bug and source
> code.

Well I think I can totally change the way it works using only a css entry in
the skin registry and then using your <div> trick ;)
Once your new bug is here, I'll close mine, make the changes based on yours,
and see what happens !
But you can still look the controller/control, you'll see the only changes
are visual, not technical :)

>> Maybe the all part for the image-directory should be done really
>> properly, cause checking if a image is present in a directory (with
>> a File() call) should use a cache (to prevent mutliple unused disk
>> access...).
>
> At first, the overhead was a concern, but I talked to someone
> about and he told me I really needn't since we are just
> asking the file system if a file exists as opposed to
> actually loading the file.  I did think about caching file
> paths, but then we have to address the issue of someone
> changing skin directory while the container is running.
> However, we could use the current directory as an indicator,
> and if it changes we know to re-check as the registry must have
> changed.

Didn't know about that, then it sounds all good to me.

Aurelien