From Todd Kuebler <tkueb...@cisco.com>
Subject Portal User API - subset of full api that only contains what a typical portlet developer would use.
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 04:53:44 GMT

It is very confusing to look at the entire jetspeed api to figure out how
to create a portlet.  It is really hard to know where to start or what to
use for what.  It would be nice if there was a pared down version of the
javadocs that only contained the api that is typically dealt with by
jetspeed users, say the Security interfaces, Actions and the
GenericMVCPortlet, etc.  There must be 10 ways to deal with the PSML for
instance, but I'm guessing only one of them is the right way for users.  Is
there a mechanism ('protected' vs 'public' comes to mind) that we could use
to separate out the two easily?  I don't have any answers here, more
probing for ideas.

-tk