From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: PATCH for BUG 14433
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:49:51 GMT

On Thursday, April 10, 2003, at 02:29  AM, Massimiliano Dessì wrote:

> The filter is it necessary because the portlet are
> build after the controller and after the l10n , the
> filter changes the language before the build of the
> template of jetspeed.
> Without filter the change of language it's in delay of
> one request.
> I can test if the filter function as a plug in.

The filter isn't necessary, and it won't work on servers that don't
support 2.3
Jetspeed still claims to work with 2.2, so we can't use filters, not
without a vote anyway

The filter isn't necessary since this can be done in the session
validator
We discussed it before.
Didn't I submit a patch already, I don't remember now (sorry)

>  --- Aurelien Pernoud <apernoud@sopragroup.com> ha
> scritto: >
>> Can't the dependency of servlet 2.3 be removed a way
>> or another, cause
>> Jetspeed is supposed to be 2.2 compatible
>>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/install.html#requirements
>>
>> Massimiliano Dessì a écrit :
>>
>>> I submit the patch for JetspeedLocalizationService
>>> in the 18/3/2003 in my mail , can anyone put in
>> the cvs ?.
>>> For the portlet, i submit the pack in the 6/3/2003
>>> (web.xml , TR.prop to enable the service , the vm
>> ,
>>> the xreg and src of a filter)but work with a
>> filter
>>> and it's necessary a 2.3 servlet jar (inside of
>> all tomcat 4.x).
>>>
>>> Massimiliano Dessì

>> For additional commands, e-mail:
>> jetspeed-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org