From Gabriel Santonja <gsanto...@unis.fr>
Subject Re: Last call for 1.4b4 patches/enhancements
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 09:56:03 GMT

Hello,

I've some questions/remarks about LDAP connections. I'm not sure but it
seems be an enhancememnt for 1.4b4.

Actually you can use the ldap connection using the manager cn and
comparison mode. But I can't use the bind mode to authenticate the user
like in tomcat ( in the realm documentation). And this bind mode is more
flexible because you can authenticate automatically the user on the ldap
without a superuser.
Therefore i think it should be possible to find the users in different
branch (and under the branch ) in the ldap.

I'm not familiar with opensource development tools like bugzilla, patch
and co but if i can help, it will be with pleasure.

Best regards.
Gabriel.