From "Mark Orciuch" <mark_orci...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-jetspeed/lib jdbc-se2.0.jar
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:30:42 GMT

> The problem is mostly for casual/first time "builders" of Jetspeed from
> source, where it harms the most, raising the entry barrier for new
> developers or debuggers. It is a pity, but legal issues are not always
> reasonable or easy to handle.

I agree that this may be a problem affecting the "out-of-the-box" experience
for the casual/first time source code users. If it doesn't work on first
try, it may scare some people off or create a flurry of unnecessary
questions for the list. I think that you handled it quite nicely in the
build by checking for existence of these .jars and displaying helpful
messages. Can't make it any easier than that.

Best regards,

Mark Orciuch - morciuch@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/