From "webguy" <web...@online.ie>
Subject Hierarchical Jetspeed Security
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:24:03 GMT
Hi,  I'm new to Jetspeed so be gentle :-) I have a security question.

I'm looking to create a site that has sub-sites

eg : 	site 				<---	[a] 	all users are members of this site
	\------- sub site 	<---	[b] 	A subset of all users are members of one or
more sub-sites
		\------portlet	<---	[c] 	A subset of [b] have permissions
							for different portlets within a subsite.

Permissions for portlets in [b] are to be managed by a sub-site editor..

A user can have individual permissions for portlets in a subsite
A user can have one or many roles in a given subsite

Can the jetspeed security system handle this or would I have to role my own?

Thanks WG