From "Luta, Raphael (VUN)" <Raphael.L...@groupvu.Com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-jetspeed/lib jdbc-se2.0.jar
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:27:34 GMT
De : Mark Orciuch [mailto:mark_orciuch@yahoo.com]
> I'm still using Tomcat 3.2.1 to match the servlet API level
> of the version
> of WebSphere we're using in the final deployment. I see now that both
> activation and mail jars are also distributed with Tomcat 4.
> How is it that
> they can distribute these and we can't?

In a nutshell, we have the right to redistribute mail and activation jars
as part of a binary release (ie, incorporated with the product) but not
as individual downloads which is what CVS allows.

Bottom line is:
Jetspeed releases can bundle any of the Sun jars but we can't store these
in the CVS tree.

--
Raphaƫl Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/