From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Problem with licensing of a file
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 19:58:31 GMT

On Thursday, February 6, 2003, at 11:44  AM, Santiago Gala wrote:

> As most of you probably know, Jetspeed needs several jars for operation
>

> activation.jar   (jaf java activation framework,
> http://java.sun.com/products/javabeans/glasgow/jaf.html )
> jdbc-se.jar     (jdbc 2.0 standard extensions,
> http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/download.html)
> mail.jar        (Java Mail API,
> http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/index.html)
>
> The Apache Software Foundation is *not allowed* to redistribute those
> packages, and there is a discussion in the community and
> jakarta-general lists about the issue. See, for instance:
>
> http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/
> ReadMsg?listName=community@apache.org&msgNo=1480
>
> and surrounding messages.
>
> The activation.jar was removed by David february last year.
>
> Now, I have stated that I will remove the remaining two briefly, and
> add pointers in the documentation to ensure that people knows they are
> missing, and that they must be downloaded separately and placed in the
> lib dir (or specified via maven).
>
> Just a prior notice, in case someone objects, or has better ideas.
>
> I'm also trying to grok maven to use it for the list, but it will take
> some time since I understand ;-)

Hi Santiago,

I read on the general list that you were having back problems, and I
hope you are feeling better now.
Please do remove the jars to comply with Apache's redistribution rules.

I would like to see Maven used in the Jetspeed build eventually, but I
don't plan on doing so in the near future, so please feel free to work
on it yourself.

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software