From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: ???NEW WebPageService/WebPageServlet NEW ???
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 21:29:18 GMT

On Wednesday, February 26, 2003, at 12:59  PM, Casimiro Lovato-Winston
wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I am currently in an effort to refactor our webpageproxyportlet and an
> accompanying servlet and htmlrewriter.

I will not commit any patches to WebPagePortlet, since I believe it
should be deprecated and replaced with WebPagePortlet2.
Or is WebPageProxyPortlet yet another implementation.
This is getting confusing to me, never mind new developers....

> We have found that the swing html editor kit is much faster for html
> rewriting than using regular expressions. Based on the earlier emails
> I took

Yes, but it does look powerful. I like the declarative manner in which
you can define rewriter rules.
I'd like to see the Jetspeed rewriter get to this point some day. Not
really suggesting using Noodle, just taking the ideas from it.

In the future I'd like to combine the WebPagePortlet2 with the Neko
parser, since it handles parsing fragments correctly.
Since the WebPagePortlet2 is pluggable, this should be fairly easy to
plug in the SAX events to the WebPagePortlet2 events.

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software