From Todd Kuebler <tkueb...@cisco.com>
Subject Portlet getContent() load time -> Portlet Stats package - Patch
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 20:08:21 GMT
Hello,

I've included 4 diffs to add portlet load time to the PortletStats
package.  It uses the last field which is typically bytes transferred and
is set to "-" in the portlet stats package.  Since the field is the same,
i.e. a string representation of an integer/long it should still work with
your standard log parsing tools with no modification.  Of course it is
reporting milliseconds it took to return from 'portlet.getContent()'
instead of bytes transferred, but that should be easy to translate.

If you guys find it useful you are welcome to commit it, I am finding it
extremely useful.  I also am toying with the idea of adding the time to
call getcontent to the title bar of each portlet in the same color as the
title bar.  I don't know what it would take yet, but the most common
problem here is a slow loading portlet bringing down the whole portal, and
how do you figure out which one?  It would be nice to simply highlight the
title bar and identify the offender.

-tk