From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: enable jetspeed for disable
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:12:12 GMT
Massimiliano Dessì wrote:
> I want enable jetspeed for blind user .
> I dont't know the function of the client for disable.

I would take the following approach:

* Write a set of Velocity templates that generate "modern" xhtml or
   HTML4.01 markup.
* Don't use tables for layout. Ignore the differences between the
   different controllers (except for css stylesheets)
* use the "aural" property

For this you would need to know the "typical" browser or environment
used by your target, so as to know the limitations of the approach.

VoiceML or VoiceXML are alternatives that could be handy to xhtml or
styled HTML.

> There 'is anyone can help me for this project?
> Where can found material for this ?

It is an interesting project. I think everybody in the list would be
interested in having a good "capability" set and templates for aural
browsers or speech-enabled browsers.

Look in www.w3.org for "aural", and look for the Voice ML markups.