From "Jon Evans" <jon.ev...@misgl.com>
Subject [patch] JetspeedLocalizationService
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:19:48 GMT
Hi,

I'm creating a portal application with Jetspeed and I needed to be able
to change the language on the fly.  I found JetspeedLocalizationService
but it only worked when there was only one resource bundle was present.
I needed a custom bundle plus the standard one.

The problem was the way it delegated methods to the superclass, which
would then look for strings in its uninitialized collections.

With the attached patch I can now use $i10n.KEY, where KEY comes either
from my own properties files or the stock Jetspeed files, and it all
works fine.

It's a bit of a dumb patch because all it does is to cut & paste a
whole lot more code from turbine's TurbineLocalizationService.  Because
of this it was no longer worth extending TurbineLocalizationService, I
extended TurbineBaseService instead.

A more elegant solution would be to split out parts of
TurbineLocalizationService into an abstract class and extend that
instead, if necessary I can do that.  What do you think?  Would the
Turbine folks be happy to take such a patch?

I also went through too much pain trying to find this feature in the
first place.  What is the best way to submit documentation changes?
Check out the website CVS and submit a patch?

Jon

--

Merlin Information Systems Limited,

Merlin House, Gawcott Road, Buckingham, United Kingdom. MK18 1TN

Tel: +44 (0) 1280 824331  Fax: +44 (0) 1280 824112

http://www.misgl.com

Provider of IT Services and Online Portal Support Services.

Confidentiality:

The information contained in this email (including any attachments) is confidential and is
intended solely for the use of the named addressee. Access, copying or re-use of the information
in it by any other person is not authorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify us immediately by telephone or by e-mail to admin@misgl.com

*** This mail has been scanned for viruses ***