From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-jetspeed/lib jdbc-se2.0.jar
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 20:20:47 GMT
sgala@apache.org wrote:
> sgala       2003/02/11 12:10:32
>
>   Removed:     lib      jdbc-se2.0.jar
>   Log:
>   I actually found that jdbc-se2.0.jar is no longer needed for build.

I'm currently dealing with mail.jar and jaf.jar

jaf.jar causes failure in just:

[sgala@patusan jakarta-jetspeed]$ find src/java -name "*.java" -exec
grep -l "javax.activation" {} \;
src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/modules/actions/portlets/QuestionnaireAction.java

while javax.mail is more heavily used:

[sgala@patusan jakarta-jetspeed]$ find src/java -name "*.java" -exec
grep -l "javax.mail" {} \;
src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/modules/actions/portlets/QuestionnaireAction.java
src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/services/security/turbine/TurbineUserManagement.java
src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/util/Base64.java

Most of the use (below) is just for Base64 encoding/decoding

src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/services/security/turbine/TurbineUserManagement.java
src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/util/Base64.java

The rest is, again, QuestionnaireAction.jar

Two questions:

1.) I'm quite sure it has to be a commons Base64 encoder/decoder, which
would save the more difficult issues. Anyone knows?

2.) Is QuestoinnaireAction worth being compiled in the default
distribution? it could be conditionally compiled, if jaf.jar and
mail.jar are there, and documented for people wanting to use it.

Regards,
      Santiago