From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Problem with licensing of a file
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 19:44:03 GMT
As most of you probably know, Jetspeed needs several jars for operation

activation.jar   (jaf java activation framework,
http://java.sun.com/products/javabeans/glasgow/jaf.html )
jdbc-se.jar     (jdbc 2.0 standard extensions,
http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/download.html)
mail.jar        (Java Mail API,
http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/index.html)

The Apache Software Foundation is *not allowed* to redistribute those
packages, and there is a discussion in the community and jakarta-general
lists about the issue. See, for instance:

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=community@apache.org&msgNo=1480

and surrounding messages.

The activation.jar was removed by David february last year.

Now, I have stated that I will remove the remaining two briefly, and add
pointers in the documentation to ensure that people knows they are
missing, and that they must be downloaded separately and placed in the
lib dir (or specified via maven).

Just a prior notice, in case someone objects, or has better ideas.

I'm also trying to grok maven to use it for the list, but it will take
some time since I understand ;-)

Regards,
      Santiago