From "David G. Powers" <jetspeed-...@pssp.com>
Subject Re: ???NEW WebPageService/WebPageServlet NEW ???
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2003 00:43:42 GMT
I've read others comments, given it a little thought, and looked at some
of the tools mentioned in prior emails

If you're interested, please review my comments and reply

1.	What should this thing be called?
I don't think anyone has used HttpProxyPortlet yet.  With a new new a
new thread can be started....

2.	What is the "preferred" HTML parser API to base the rewriter on?
My inclination is to use the Swing API with a 1.3 JDK for parsing.  Within
each tag event I might use regular expression to, for example, prepend a
portlet-specific id to JavaScript function names and the HTML objects
they act upon.

It looks like Neko would work better with an XHTML document.  The docs
seem to indicate that malformed HTML isn't handled yet.  It has been my
experience that you cannot expect a well-formed HTML document.

I looked at Noodle only briefly,  There is a RequestFilterInterface which
provides the content as one big byte array with some extra attributes
stripped out (HTTP Headers).  Am I wrong in assuming that the filters are
regular expressions that Noodle will iterate through and apply to the
complete HTML document?  That seems horribly inefficient.