From Endre Stølsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: JSR 168
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 09:59:58 GMT
On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, David Sean Taylor wrote:

| On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 03:23  AM, Endre Stølsvik wrote:
|
| > The Jetspeed developer gang have a couple of people in the JSR 168,
| > right??
| >
| Yes, I am on the JSR 168 Expert Group.

Actually, I know! ;)

| > I understand that there is this big issue about "disclosure to the
| > public". But there _is_ an avenue to disclosure, if I remember
| > correctly;
| > anything going outside must be approved (as in "not being denied") by
| > the
| > entire group..
| >
| > I'd _love_ to know what's going on, and what the current sits are
| > within
| > the group..
| >

| Well you should have joined the committee :-)

Well I tried, but was apparently weighed and found too light... (is that
the saying?)

| I'd love to talk about it here, but I don't want to get myself kicked
| off the committee for disclosing information.
| I represent Apache, so for me there are no secrets.
| But other companies in the group feel the need for the disclosure
| policy.

But, there is an avenue to disclosure, isn't there? There's just a bit of
hassle, but you can get a "release" approved by the rest of the gang,
isn't this so? Would it be possible to try to do this?

--
Mvh,
Endre Stølsvik               M[+47 93054050] F[+47 51625182]