From "Mark Orciuch" <morci...@apache.org>
Subject RE: $portlet vs. $portlet_instance usage
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 16:48:31 GMT
Paul,

I suspect that this fix may have been added before AbstractInstancePortlet
became the parent class for most abstract portlets (VelocityPortlet,
JSPPortlet, RSSNewsPortlet, etc). Currently, all portlets I've tested with
seem to be "multi-instance safe" and work fine with
"$portlet.getContent($data)".

What's not clear to me is that "$portlet" is instanceof PortletWrapper and
"$portlet_instance" is not, so how are the security checks performed?

In any case, we're not being consistent in all controls - we should either
use one or the other method and that should be addressed. What do you think?

Best regards,

Mark Orciuch - morciuch@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/