From "Mark Orciuch" <mark_orci...@ngsltd.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Jetspeed change tracking
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 23:20:03 GMT

> It does make sense to use a change control system to automate the
> process.
> Turbine is now doing all change control using Scarab.
> I was looking at Maven, and it seems to be capable of generating a
> change log, but Im not sure how it works.
>
> Example:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/torque/changelog.html
>
> But there is nothing there. The torque and turbine projects don't seem
> to be making use of the change log feature yet.
>
> While we are discussing this, we should probably discuss switching over
> to Scarab.

I thought of Scarab but I didn't want to introduce such big task yet.

> One problem is how to convert the Bugzilla db to Scarab, if its even
> possible.

I'm not sure where Scarab stands in regards to Bugzilla import - we went
directly to Scarab. I think that this feature is in the works. One thing
that Scarab lacks is cross-issue-type reporting. We had to write a custom
portlet to be able to view all issue types on single report. I have not
looked into Maven to see if they have a plugin for that.

> I am -0 on this pending more research....

I understand perfectly.

Best regards,

Mark Orciuch - morciuch@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/