From "Mark Orciuch" <morci...@apache.org>
Subject $portlet vs. $portlet_instance usage
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 23:06:44 GMT
I'm going nuts with my PortletStats (portlet usage logging) problem. I
thought I had it fixed (twice) and I just realized that it's not working
quite yet. To make a long story short: I noticed that jetspeed.vm template
uses "$portlet_instance.Content" to render the portlet content. In contrast,
jetspeed-box.vm uses "$portlet.getContent($data)" - this is the one that
logs my portlet access properly. If I change jetspeed.vm to use
"$portlet.getContent($data)" everything still works fine and portlet access
is logged. Why two different methods?

If I don't hear any objections, I'd like to make the change in jetspeed.vm
to use "$portlet.getContent($data)".

Best regards,

Mark Orciuch - morciuch@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/