From "Mark Orciuch" <morci...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Different authentication mechanism
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 17:17:50 GMT
Guilherme,

> I'm planning to use Jetspeed as the Portal for the company I work on.
>
> Unfortunately we already have a SSO running here. The

That's not necessarily unfortunate. SSO could be a good thing :)

> Authentication and Authorization services where based on JAAS,
> and we have custom classes and database to handle it.
>
> My question is: Can I use this authentication bypassing the
> jetspeed, and determining all necessary Auth process needed for
> it (as permissions and roles) ? May I still upgrade Jetspeed even
> if I have to rewrite some code of it (well modularized for it) ?
> Does anyone expirenced it ?

Jetspeed security is pluggable so you can implement your own security based
on the provided interfaces. Currently, Jetspeed ships with two security
implementations: Turbine and LDAP. You can use thess as an example to
implement your own JAAS-based security. I'm sure a lot of people on this
list would be very interested in a JAAS implementation ;)

Best regards,

Mark Orciuch - morciuch@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/