From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: JSR 168
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 21:55:17 GMT

On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 03:23  AM, Endre StĂžlsvik wrote:

> The Jetspeed developer gang have a couple of people in the JSR 168,
> right??

Yes, I am on the JSR 168 Expert Group.

> Anyone care to tell something about what's happening "in there", and
> why
> things have delayed so much..?

Standards move slowly. That seems to be the nature of the process.
We hope to have a public draft by mid March.

> I understand that there is this big issue about "disclosure to the
> public". But there _is_ an avenue to disclosure, if I remember
> correctly;
> anything going outside must be approved (as in "not being denied") by
> the
> entire group..
>
> I'd _love_ to know what's going on, and what the current sits are
> within
> the group..

Well you should have joined the committee :-)
I'd love to talk about it here, but I don't want to get myself kicked
off the committee for disclosing information.
I represent Apache, so for me there are no secrets.
But other companies in the group feel the need for the disclosure
policy.

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software