From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Jetspeed change tracking
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 22:31:23 GMT

On Monday, January 6, 2003, at 09:34  AM, Mark Orciuch wrote:

> I don't know about you but I'm getting tired of keeping the changes.xml
> up-to-date with every little change I make (and then having to update
> the
> Jakarta site which I often forget). Wouldn't it be more efficient if we
> logged all changes in Bugzilla under appropriate Version and then just
> refer
> to a Bugzilla query from changes.html. We could have a separate
> Version-based query for each release, for example:
>
> http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?version=1.4b2
> http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?version=1.4b4-dev%20/CVS
>
> I think that this method would be more accurate in keeping track of
> changes.
> Let me know what you think.

It does make sense to use a change control system to automate the
process.
Turbine is now doing all change control using Scarab.
I was looking at Maven, and it seems to be capable of generating a
change log, but Im not sure how it works.

Example:
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/torque/changelog.html

But there is nothing there. The torque and turbine projects don't seem
to be making use of the change log feature yet.

While we are discussing this, we should probably discuss switching over
to Scarab.
One problem is how to convert the Bugzilla db to Scarab, if its even
possible.

I am -0 on this pending more research....

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software