From wil...@virgilio.it
Subject Re: User Management - which switch in JetspeedSecurity.properties to set ?
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 22:40:43 GMT
That's what i've understood:
you've to set this properties service.PortalAuthentication.classname=your_class_implementing_PortalAuthentication_interface.
Remember that succesful login means no exception thrown, so you don't have
something like an error code on return from failed login.
Infact login() return a JetspeedUser and probably here there is another problem
with what you want to do.
The JetspeedUser returned is initialized with info from user archive, which
by default is a DB.
If you want any user do what he(or she :) ) want to do you need to identify
what user is, bacause the portlet it can use are based on his login(i think).
A possible solution can be to let login() always return the same JetspeedUser
initialized with same info so you can always get the same page with same
portlet.
Then if you want to let he do whatver he want i think you have to implement
PortalAccessController interface and set the properties in JetspeedSecurity.properties
to you class.

This is just an idea.
P.S. Excuse me for my not so good english!!!!!