From Guilherme Carvalho <gui_b...@yahoo.com>
Subject Different authentication mechanism
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 17:06:59 GMT

Hi there!

I'm planning to use Jetspeed as the Portal for the company I work on.

Unfortunately we already have a SSO running here. The Authentication and Authorization services
where based on JAAS, and we have custom classes and database to handle it.

My question is: Can I use this authentication bypassing the jetspeed, and determining all
necessary Auth process needed for it (as permissions and roles) ? May I still upgrade Jetspeed
even if I have to rewrite some code of it (well modularized for it) ? Does anyone expirenced
it ?

Thank you,

Guilherme Carvalho