From "Glenn R. Golden" <ggol...@umich.edu>
Subject Re: Bug in JetspeedAccessController re: Profile
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 19:41:41 GMT
David (et. al.) -

If we want everything in the session to be serializable, then we need to
pay close attention to the http version of the state manager service,
JetspeedHttpStateManagerService.java.

This stores objects in the session, StateEntry (defined within and
private to that file), which holds a map of the objects that the users
of this service have placed into state.

I think that StateEntrys must be serializable, which I think we can
achieve... but won't all the objects that any user of the state manager
service need also to be serializable?  This is a larger issue and places
additional demands on the Jetspeed developer.  Not unreasonable ones,
but we should make our case as to why this is necessary.

- Glenn

- Glenn