From "Luta, Raphael (VUN)" <Raphael.L...@groupvu.Com>
Subject RE: Bug in JetspeedAccessController re: Profile
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:10:24 GMT
Mmmm... if you load/unload the profile per request you may end up with a
significant performance hit, especially in the Castor XML file model:
reading the file, parsing the XML file and creating the profile is *not*
a lightweight operation so you probably don't want do it every request.

Storing the Profile in the session was a way to have a better persistence
without handling a complex pool system but I agree it would more correct
to store the Profile in the RunData object and manage a Pool either within
the
PSMLManager(s) or the Profiler implementations.