From David Sean Taylor <david.sean.tay...@bbc.co.uk>
Subject RE: Bug in JetspeedAccessController re: Profile
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 22:23:38 GMT

I will have a look at it (tomorrow)...

> This stores objects in the session, StateEntry (defined within and
> private to that file), which holds a map of the objects that
> the users
> of this service have placed into state.
>
> I think that StateEntrys must be serializable, which I think we can
> achieve... but won't all the objects that any user of the
> state manager
> service need also to be serializable?  This is a larger issue
> and places
> additional demands on the Jetspeed developer.  Not unreasonable ones,
> but we should make our case as to why this is necessary.

My use case is redeployment of the Jetspeed web application.
If you have a server running in production, and you want to redeploy, how do
you do so without losing the session state of logged on users.

>From the Tomcat 4.1 Manager, I can shutdown a simple test app that I wrote
that stores a few objects in the session, restart Tomcat, and it restores
the session state.

I just discovered that redeploying Jetspeed doesn't work at all with
Hypersonic, not that it matters to me but it may be an issue for some users.

BBCi at http://www.bbc.co.uk/

stated.
signify your consent to this.