From "Mark Orciuch" <mark_orci...@ngsltd.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Portlet preview in the customizer
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 19:58:13 GMT
David,

>AbstractPortlet would implement a default getPreviewContent() which
>delegates to getContent()
>No burden.

Point well taken. What I mean by "burden" is having to code
getPreviewContent() when necessary and, I guess, that wouldn't be very
often.

>Yes, it would be a psml file under /role/user, which would look something
>like this:
>
><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
><portlets id="70503" xmlns="http://www.apache.org/2000/02/CVS">
>    <metainfo>
>        <title>Jetspeed Preview Page</title>
>    </metainfo>
>    <entry id="705031" parent="StatusPortlet"/>
>    <entry id='705032' parent="PreviewPortlet" />
></portlets>
>
>That way anyone with user role could access this page.

I understand now. So the link to invoke portlet preview would be something
like this:

http://localhost/jetspeed/template/content?js_peid=705032&previewedPortletNa
me=DatabaseBrowserTest or is it
http://localhost/jetspeed/template/content?js_peid=70503&previewedPortletNam
e=DatabaseBrowserTest and what is StatusPortlet?

I would also define a security constraint to hide the customize and close
action icons. That solves most of my issues. I just have to see how it works
out with the portlet navigation (such as in DatabaseBrowserTest). Let me
give this a try.

Best regards,

Mark C. Orciuch
Next Generation Solutions, Ltd.