From "Mark Orciuch" <mark_orci...@ngsltd.com>
Subject Configuring another log4j logger
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 21:57:00 GMT
I would like to configure additional log4j logger in jr.props. This logger
would write to a separate log file and use custom conversion pattern (%m%n).
I tried variety of configurations including the one below:

services.LoggingService.facilities=system,debug,security,rotation,logforj,sq
l,access

services.LoggingService.access.log4j.rootCategory = INFO, access

services.LoggingService.access.log4j.category.access = INFO, access

services.LoggingService.access.log4j.appender.access =
org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
services.LoggingService.access.log4j.appender.access.layout =
org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
services.LoggingService.access.log4j.appender.access.layout.ConversionPatter
n = %m%n
services.LoggingService.access.log4j.appender.access.append = true
services.LoggingService.access.destination.file=/WEB-INF/log/access.log
services.LoggingService.access.className =
org.apache.turbine.services.logging.Log4JavaLogger
services.LoggingService.access.level = INFO

I'm attempting to follow the "logforj" example. My messages do get logged
into the logfile specified (access.log) but I get the default conversion
pattern and the following warning at startup:

log4j:WARN File option not set for appender [access].
log4j:WARN Are you using FileAppender instead of ConsoleAppender?

Is there anyone that could point me in the right direction with this? Many
thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Mark C. Orciuch
Next Generation Solutions, Ltd.