From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: HTTP Portlet Authentication
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 19:12:55 GMT
This seems like a good candidate for a generic single signon solution and
perhaps a new portlet: SecureWebPagePortlet.
There would need to be an association between the user to the website.
We could add a new table to the default jetspeed schema:

table user-webpage
(
   username
   webpage
   credentials
)

where the identifying relationship is username + webpage

Perhaps this approach could be applied to more than just the web page
portlet