From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Portlet preview in the customizer
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 21:02:33 GMT

dPortletNa
me=DatabaseBrowserTest or is it
http://localhost/jetspeed/template/content?js_peid=70503&previewedPortletNam
e=DatabaseBrowserTest and what is StatusPortlet?

<dt>
I was thinking more like

/jetspeed/portal/role/user/page/preview?previewedPortletName=DatabaseBrowser
Test

Sorry, StatusPortlet, cut and paste, I took the example from one of my psml
files.
I use that on every page as a generic way to show status and error messages
It only generates content if it finds an error msg.
Would prefer a configurable default portlet that would show up on all pages,
kinda like a Turbine navigation, but I don't want to be too dependent on
navigations with new standards coming up and all that

</dt>

> I would also define a security constraint to hide the customize and close
> action icons. That solves most of my issues. I just have to see how it
works
> out with the portlet navigation (such as in DatabaseBrowserTest). Let me
> give this a try.

Best regards,

Mark C. Orciuch
Next Generation Solutions, Ltd.