From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: Confused about portlet permissions
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 08:28:49 GMT

If you don't have View permission, then you shouldn't see it in the portlet
list.
Customize grants you permission to customize that particular portlet.
Or in the case of a portlet (PSML) page, it grants you permission to
customize the entire page.

> Maximize - you get the maximize functionality. OK.
>
> Minimize - you get the minimize functionality. OK.
>
> Personalize - what's that used for? Would it make sense that this
> permission
> allows to enter the customizer?

That should probably be dropped.

> Info - displays information about the portlet?
> VelocityPortletControl seems
> to use this if Customize is not granted. But if Customize is not granted,
> then you cannot select the portlet and therefore you can never see this
> functionality. Am I off base here?

Info can be another portlet mode. Consider the current modes of a portlet
are view and customize.
Info mode would be like a help mode for the portlet.

> Close - allows to temporarily close the portlet. Once you log back in the
> closed portlet should be restored, right? OK.
>
> Detach - doesn't seem to be implemented?

Not implemented.

> Would someone care to comment on my observations. I don't have any problem
> in getting involved in documenting this once it's explained and
> makes sense
> to everyone.

Documentation on Jetspeed permissions is very welcome !

> Best regards,
>
> Mark C. Orciuch
> Next Generation Solutions, Ltd.
> e-Mail: mark_orciuch@ngsltd.com