From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Portlet preview in the customizer
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 16:33:38 GMT
Mark,

Sorry, Im falling behind a little on reviewing your code, and won't have
much time today
Hope to catch up this weekend.

See comments below

ewedPortle
tName=DatabaseBrowserTest&previewedControlName=ClearPortletControl

Several issues:

1. The jetspeed navigation is present. Is there any way to force an empty
layout like with my screen template approach?

<dt> the template approach works, but then as you click on links, you will
lose your screen template  parameter. I figured that preview mode was for a
single request, otherwise you have to keep state somehow. Jetspeed has to be
internally aware, and always redirects to the preview template.
Look at the maximize code as an example.
</dt>

2. The portlet navigation does not work. When you click the Next button, it
loses the required parm (previewedPortletName).
3. Don't know how to selectively supress displaying of action icons. For
example, I only want to show Info icon in preview.

<dt> If you allow for navigating and interactiving with the portlet, it
isn't really preview mode then, is it? Its more like maximized mode. I
pictured preview mode to last for a single request.
Guess I need to understand the requirements for preview mode first
</dt>

I am attaching source code for the PreviewPortlet.java and preview.xreg. I
am using database PSML manager so I can't easily export the preview.psml
file and attach it as well. I believe that PSML Browser needs another option
next to Clone and Delete, Export (I think that I'll work on that as well).

<dt> You can export the entire contents of the Database PSML to the file
system.
There's an example of this in the JR.p. You just need to turn change the
parameters:

services.PsmlManager.classname=org.apache.jetspeed.services.psmlmanager.Cast
orPsmlManagerService
# Select this service to import from the Database to the File System (make
sure that CastorPsmlManagerService is selected above)
services.PsmlImportManager.classname=org.apache.jetspeed.services.psmlmanage
r.db.DatabasePsmlManager
Service

services.PsmlManager.root=/somewhere/on/my/filesystem

and then run 'ant import'

</dt>

Best regards,

Mark C. Orciuch