From "Amte, Amit" <Amit.A...@parexel.com>
Subject Problem with implementing the PortalAuthentication/UserManagement interface
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 18:51:39 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to replicate the Turbine* security implementation
provided in the Jetspeed release (*.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.*)

Started off with the source from the above package
and modified them to work with the Torque OM objects I have in
my test project.  Also modified the JetspeedSecurity.properties file
to use the security framework classes that I created.

Everything works fine for the "anon" user.  I can trace the execution
and see that the (JetspeedUser)user object is being retreived and also
all the Roles and Permissions.

When I log in as a user (turbine/turbine) though, the login() method
always gets a "null" value back from the <code>user.getPassword()</code>
call.  This causes the authentication to fail and the user is kicked
out with a "Credential authentication failure".

Looking at the turbine implementation of the security framework,  I see that
TurbineRole, TurbineGroup and TurbinePermission implement the
org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.Role/Group/Permission interfaces - but the
TurbineUser _does not_ implement the JetspeedUser interface.
(I followed the same procedure with my OM objects)

Am I missing anything here?  The documentation says that I should be
extending
the JetspeedUser class .. but doesn't say how.

thanks,
Amit Amte
Perceptive Informatics