From "Luta, Raphael (VUN)" <Raphael.L...@groupvu.Com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-jetspeed/scratchpad/portlet-api - New dir ectory
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 08:39:58 GMT

You sure ? I don't find it in my CVS chekout...

> > However it should be pretty straightforward to adapt it to
> the new JSR as
> > and when it's available.
>
> Great! As long as there won't be any really huge changes
> between what's
> in CVS and what the JSR will come up with I'm happy.

This is something I can't promise since I'm not in the JCP, ask David...
except
he won't be able to answer because of the NDA :)

> I assume that it's ok licensewise to use this, since it's the Apache
> license, yes?

I think this should be covered by the global agreement between Apache and
Sun but
I may be wrong. However, it's quite probable that once the JSR is finalized
the portlet
API would become it's own project, just like servlet API is separated from
tomcat.