From "Jan Goyvaerts (jgoyvaer)" <jgoyv...@cisco.com>
Subject HTTP Portlet Authentication
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 08:32:08 GMT
Hello everybody,

I'm investigating for a portal project that will most likely be based
upon Jetspeed. Allthough the program is easy to install and to use, we
face one big issue : authentication of the portlets. Portlets requiring
http authentication are not displayed because the connection has been
refused - using the WebPagePortlet. Adding the parameters "user" and
"password" to the configuration does the trick, but it's hard coded for
one user for the complete portal.

Is there some way around this ? For example passing the user name and
password from the portal to the portlets. (It would solve our issue
since in our case the portal and the portlet are using the same ldap for
authentication.)

Best Regards,

Jan.