From Glen Carl - CSC <c...@csc-monterey.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-jetspeed/proposals PortletUsageLogging.txt
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:51:09 GMT
In addition to WebTrends format would you also create a format supported
by Analog, http://www.analog.cx/ or better yet Report Magic,
http://www.reportmagic.org/ ?

Thanks,
Glen

morciuch@apache.org wrote:
> morciuch    2002/08/27 08:37:13
>
>   Added:       proposals PortletUsageLogging.txt
>   Log:
>   Initial check in (see Bugzilla issue 11737)
>   Approach
>   ========
>
>   My proposed approach is to create a Turbine service responsible for managing the portlet
usage statistcs. The call to this service's logAccess() method would be the "implanted" in
appropriate places where portle content is requested.  The most logical choice for the the
logging engine is log4j. The following are main features of the feference implementation: