From Werner Ramaekers <wer...@shiftat.com>
Subject Re: Configuring another log4j logger
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 07:39:41 GMT
Mark,

Mark Orciuch wrote:

>I would like to configure additional log4j logger in jr.props. This logger
>would write to a separate log file and use custom conversion pattern (%m%n).
>I tried variety of configurations including the one below:

jr.properties ? i hope you mean TurbineResources.properties and not
JetspeedResources.properties because the logging
configurations are in the TurbineResources.properties.

>services.LoggingService.facilities=system,debug,security,rotation,logforj,sq
>l,access
>
>services.LoggingService.access.log4j.rootCategory = INFO, access
>
>services.LoggingService.access.log4j.category.access = INFO, access
>
>services.LoggingService.access.log4j.appender.access =
>org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
>services.LoggingService.access.log4j.appender.access.layout =
>org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
>services.LoggingService.access.log4j.appender.access.layout.ConversionPatter
>n = %m%n
>services.LoggingService.access.log4j.appender.access.append = true

you need to change

>services.LoggingService.access.destination.file=/WEB-INF/log/access.log

services.LoggingService.access.log4j.appender.access.file=${webappRoot}/WEB-INF/log/access.log
an then it works for me

Hope it works for you too ;-)

Werner

ir. Werner Ramaekers