From Martin Poeschl <mpoes...@marmot.at>
Subject Re: turbine-2.2-b3
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 06:57:05 GMT
Paul Spencer wrote:

> Martin Poeschl wrote:
>
>> i just uploaded the turbine-2.2-b3 and torque-3.0-b4 releases
>>
>> all my apps are working fine with them, so i'm thinking about porting
>> jetspeed to the new releases
>> (there will be only bugfixes before the final release, so it's a good
>> time to migrate)
>

> "porting jetspeed to the new release" sounds scary since we are
> currently at the previous beta :)
>
> At this time, do not convert the build to maven.  We will continue to
> use ANT for Jetspeed 1.4

i don't plan to convert the build to maven ... maybe i'll try to make the maven build working,
but
this doesn't effect the ant build

>> should i send the patches to the list??
>

> Yes, send patches to Jetspeed to this list.
>
> Are you expecting many?
>
> In what areas?

i haven't looked at the jetspeed code for a while, so i'm not sure which pars of torque/turbine
are
used ... but some og the changes in torque/turbine break old code, e.g.

* torque was removed from turbine
* torque uses List instead of Vector
* a new connection pool is used by torque (part of commons-dbcp)
* the way turbine loads torque changed

martin