From Rickard Öberg <rick...@dreambean.com>
Subject Re: Portlet API
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:46:33 GMT
Stephaneo wrote:
> I was wondering if any implementaion of the spec mentioned by Rickard
> was already available (implementation of these classes:
> http://wcbe2.dfw.ibm.com/wps/doc/Javadoc/WPS/index.html). It'looks like
> all Turbine interfaces are not required any more, hence it should be
> easier to integrate porlet handling in an existing webapp (because it
> looks like there's a better separation of concerns in the API.

Yes, the implementation of those classes would help enourmously.
Currently I am copying them into our codebase, which kind of sucks, and
defeats the purpose of open API's.

> Perhaps a
> real AOP portlet engine, in conjunction with an AOP application server
> such as JAC http://jac.aopsys.com would be an interesting orientation,
> wouldn't it?).

Hm.. I'm personally not that impressed with JAC, but maybe that's just
me. But yes, writing a portlet engine using AOP is a treat, fer shure.

/Rickard

--
Rickard Öberg
rickard@dreambean.com