From Shinsuke SUGAYA <shins...@yahoo.co.jp>
Subject procedure for i18n
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2002 02:40:02 GMT
Hi,

I documented the procedure for i18n.
Please integrate the following step if there is no problem.

 - Can you add the following step between step 1 and step 2 in
   installation(http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/install.html).

 2a. Edit a default locale - you can select message properties files
     if it exists in
<jetspeedRoot>/src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/modules/localization.

     o The default locale setting will need to be modified
       in <jetspeedRoot>/build/build.properties:

       locale.default=<locale>

       For examples, if you would like to use Japanese message,
       the default locale is:

       locale.default=ja

 - In Japanese environment, the following configuration is needed to
   display messages correctly in Portlets. I think that this is also
   the same in CJK environment.

Encoding configuration

 If you would like to use Multi-byte character, such as CJK characters,
 you will need to modify the encoding parameters in:

  o <jetspeed_home>/WEB-INF/conf/JetspeedResources.properties:

    content.defaultencoding=<encoding>

  o <jetspeed_home>/WEB-INF/conf/TurbineResources.properties:

    services.VelocityService.input.encoding=<encoding>

 For examples, if you use UNIX in Japanese environment, <encoding>
 will be UTF-8 or EUC-JP.

Please let me know if you have any comments.

Best regards,
 shinsuke