From "Franck Lumpe" <franck.lu...@iberplus.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-jetspeed/proposals PortletUsageLogging.txt
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 17:32:48 GMT
Glen,

Analog support both CLF and W3C (IIS).

If you insert LOGFORMAT COMMON in Analog config file, then Logfiles in
Common Log Format can be read.

My understanding is that Report Magic is a program to get nicer reports from
Analog output, so it should work in the same way.

Best Regards,

Franck Lumpe
Iberplus Internet, S.L.
www.iberplus.es

----- Original Message -----
From: "Glen Carl - CSC" <carl@csc-monterey.com>
To: "Jetspeed Developers List" <jetspeed-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2002 6:51 PM
Subject: Re: cvs commit: jakarta-jetspeed/proposals PortletUsageLogging.txt

> In addition to WebTrends format would you also create a format supported
> by Analog, http://www.analog.cx/ or better yet Report Magic,
> http://www.reportmagic.org/ ?
>
> Thanks,
> Glen
>
> morciuch@apache.org wrote:
> > morciuch    2002/08/27 08:37:13
> >
> >   Added:       proposals PortletUsageLogging.txt
> >   Log:
> >   Initial check in (see Bugzilla issue 11737)
> >   Approach
> >   ========
> >
> >   My proposed approach is to create a Turbine service responsible for
managing the portlet usage statistcs. The call to this service's logAccess()
method would be the "implanted" in appropriate places where portle content
is requested.  The most logical choice for the the logging engine is log4j.
The following are main features of the feference implementation:

> >   1. Log entry to utilize the Common Log Format for ease of integration
with WebTrends (or similar tool).